Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Absorbed In Pattern !

Back in April (the last time I blogged, .... following is my excuse for not blogging)

I signed up for an online course with UK Designer Rachel Taylor see her website here, three modules and 15 weeks of study I have finished this week, and loved every minute of it. 

I have finally found my place in the creative world in Surface Pattern Design !

What the hell is that you may well ask, so my future (hopefully) will be to design patterns, illustrations for surfaces, these can include stationery,  things like cards, wrapping paper etc.  Fabrics and textiles for surfaces like bed linen, swimwear, bags, cushions. wallpaper, ceramics the list goes on.  

My head is full of designs and gradually I have been and continue building a portfolio and a brand which is called Yes ann! (more on the name another time).   So my to do list is long, as I venture out into the real world hoping that maybe some one will like my designs enough to license or buy them as well as create some of my own products to sell.  As soon as my to do list gets crossed off with new websites, blog etc, I will be sure to let you know. 

Yes ann! Design Banner © Copyright

In the meantime its only 76 days till Christmas and I have some Christmas Cards just loaded up in my online shops (over there on the right ) 

Nice to blog you again ! 





3 comments:

  1. Welcome back!!! I just looked at the course. Very tempting, maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vick, You are so talented. I can't wait to see what you produce. Good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's awesome I too will be watching this space.

    ReplyDelete